Saturday, December 27, 2008

A blurry Christmas

Well, I cannot put this down as one of the best Christmases ever. It had it's high points with the kids and all of their excitement but passed us by in a blur otherwise. It started out with Shelby throwing up when she woke on Christmas Eve morning. She was sick and laid around all day long. I started feeling sick the night of Christmas Eve and was definitely sick by Christmas morning. Corry came down with it Christmas evening and we are all still trying to get over it.

So, in all the sickness, we missed Christmas Eve at my parents and ended up exchanging a few presents here at home. On Christmas Day, Corry didn't know he was sick yet and Shelby seemed to be feeling better so he took the girls to his aunt and uncle's house for a little while. Apparently it is a contagious little bug that we have because half of Corry's family came down with it that night and the next day, too.

Despite everything going on, we managed to make some gingerbread cookies for Santa. Little did I know that none of us like gingerbread cookies! I guess I just like the smell!


You can't tell here, but we sprinkled reindeer food so the reindeer could find our house easily. The girls both got little bags of it from school.

On Christmas Eve, we let the girls open presents that we had bought with money given to them from some of their great-grandparents. We put it all together and bought them new comforters for their rooms. Autumn has been asking for a princess room and this is Shelby's first big girl room and she asked for Tinkerbell. They are such girly girls- they were both excited about getting new comforters! Autumn actually chose a new comforter and sheets over the Barbie Diamond Castle!




They each got one present from Corry and I...we've never done this before but think we may start giving them a present or two from us. We've always left everything to Santa.

A picture of the goodies that Santa left...



They both got new scooters...Autumn started down the hall when she woke up Christmas morning, saw her scooter, and yelled "scooter" and ran straight to it! It's so fun when they get excited about their gifts!

And now we wait until everyone is better so that we can go to my parent's house for Christmas.

5 comments:

goddess95 said...

Ugh! I'm sorry you guys are sick. Our girls are both sick too. And on top of that, I'm huge and can't baby them while they are sick!
Our girls are so similar...Leanna loves the Princesses and Kayla had her her Tinkerbell comforter, which we didn't use much cause I messed it up in the washer!
Even though you guys are sick..you're at least going through it together!

o said...

That sounds like us last year. We all got sick and spread it to my entire family. It looks like the girls were still able to be excited and enjoy their toys.

Melissa Beth said...

I don't think you are supposed to re-gift viruses.

Gingerbread cookies. I am not sure whether we like those either, now that you mention it. Hmm.

Happy New Year! Any big plans?

Steph said...

Absolutely no New Year plans at the moment! We're never good New Year planners and if we do anything it's usually last minute!

Julie said...

Yeah, but y'all somehow always have those last minute new year plans. Unlike us.
Dwaine was suffering like you guys on Christmas day- started vomiting before the kids woke up that morning and spent the whole day in bed (and in the bathroom). We almost headed to the urgent care clinic for some rehydration (he dehydrates really fast), but he toughed it out.
Somehow the rest of us avoided it though!!