Our electricity finally came back on this past Saturday. We left Austin on Tues. and stayed at Corry's grandparents in Bay City where they had power until Saturday. It feels so good to be back home. That was the longest the girls had ever been away from home and all of their toys and own stuff. I think it ended up being 10 nights and 11 days.
There are still lots of people without power, though, and I can still hear generators running in the neighborhood. Our schools started back today and the girls will start back to their school tomorrow. Our house had very little damage- just lost one tree in the back that fell away from the house and broke a few slats of fence and lost some shingles. Oh, we also lost our outside freezer on account of someone deciding to leave fishing bait in the bottom of it. We pushed it out to the curb and someone braver than us decided to take it and try to clean it out!
I'll post some pics later...I've got lots to catch up on!
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
We're back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm happy to know you're back...and with power. We still don't have power and we probably won't go back to school til Thursday. I'm so ready to do something! I would really just like to be at home! Anyway, I'm glad you guys are back and that no major damage happened to your house!
I am sure you are sooo happy to be home and sooo busy catching up. Glad the damage to your house was not too bad.
Post a Comment