Saturday, September 06, 2008

Church carnival

We went to the girl's school's church carnival today. Autumn & Shelby had so much fun. This was the first carnival that they had ever been to so it was a whole new experience for them. We were there for three hours and still didn't use all of our tickets or do all of the games. Autumn's favorite thing was the balloon stomp (they had 1000 balloons in a room in the beginning that the kids stomped to get a ticket out of for a prize at the end of the carnival). Shelby, not surprisingly, wanted no part of the balloon stomp and loud pops.

Autumn, and Emily on the right, trying to stomp and sit on the balloons.


Autumn trying to smash it with her bootie...

Another favorite activity was face/hand-painting. Our first visit resulted in a flower on Shelby's arm and a butterfly on Autumn's hand. After a trip to the bathroom and washing our hands, we had to go back for a touch-up and they also got another design.

Shelby sitting patiently...


Autumn's butterfly...


Shelby trying to show me her flower. It was really cute and matched her dress.



Autumn got a crown on her face the second visit but didn't like the way it felt on her face, hence the look.

I still like carnivals, even as an adult! Good thing because I'm sure this was the first of many!

1 comments:

Julie said...

The balloon stomp- how fun. I think I would have enjoyed that one too!
Shelby's bangs are really cute.
Glad you kept Autumn's hair long- I think it is so pretty!