Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun stuff

The girls and I have done some fun stuff this week. Our library had "Snakes, turtles, and other critters" with a guest speaker and they went around and let the kids touch all of the creatures and at the end let them really look at them. Autumn was not a bit squeamish but Shelby was. Once Shelby saw her sister touching everything she kind of got into it, too, though. There were several snakes, a baby alligator, and turtles.

I can't remember if this was just before or after Shelby touched the snake but it tryed to wrap around her wrist and really freaked her out!


I had to keep a close eye on Autumn with her fearless self to make sure she didn't pull or squeeze too hard :)

Afterwards we played in the fountains outside the library for a little bit. Autumn has been BEGGING me to play in them everytime we pass by!




We like to go play at the mall because it's a nice contained area for the kids and is a quick little outing. Above are Emily, Autumn & Shelby looking cute in the tv so I had to snap a picture!



2 comments:

Julie said...

Can't blame Shelby for freaking out about the snake trying to wrap around her- I think I would have freaked a little too! Hope you had your Purell on hand for the reptile encounter :-) You know I would have, but then again I have a thumb sucker- yuck!
Looks like Lake Jackson is proving to be a great family town- lots of fun stuff for the little guys.
Also, Shelby looks really tall in these pics- has she grown a lot recently? This is of course coming from the mother of 2 shorties.

Julie said...

Oh and one last thing...
Autumn's shoes are super cute in that first pic. Is she into picking out her own shoes lately?