We went to the beach last weekend....let me back up...we weren't definitely planning to go to the beach but we had a slight mishap at home. I had gone to the music store to do a little bit of work for about an hour (tops) and came home to a house that had both front door and back door wide open and windows up. I walked into the house to smell something like the smell of burning plastic. The kids and dog were in the backyard with Corry. It seems that Corry, trying to be helpful, had decided to try out the self-cleaning feature on our oven. The brisket he had made for Shelby's birthday the weekend before had spilled over into the bottom and I had not yet made it to the store for oven cleaner. That was going to be my preferred method of cleaning!
So Corry was cooking biscuits for the girls and realized that he couldn't use the oven because of the gunk in the bottom. He saw the self-cleaning option and decided to give it a whirl. Big Mistake! The entire house filled with smoke and the oven door actually locked so that he couldn't open it or get it to turn off for a while. They all had to get out of the house because the smoke was so thick. So...needless to say, we had to leave for a little while and let things clear out! The house had a horrible smell for a couple of days and it's starting to get back to normal with the help of air fresheners. Lesson learned: Self-cleaning option is not for major spills in the oven!
So here are some pics of our day at the beach!
I started covering Shelby and my body with mud and they took off with the idea! This is so unusual for them because neither of them like getting dirty!

Rinsing off in the water with Dad...


1 comments:
I had a similar experience with butter in the bottom of the oven- that smell is AWFUL! So I understand the need to get out of the house. Looks like it turned out to be a fun day. I am quite surprised they were both willing to get so dirty.
Post a Comment