Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Baby Dream

I had a dream last night that I had the baby and it felt so real that I can still imagine holding her- yep, that's right, it was a girl! Would I really know how to dream of having a boy, though? I remember feeling a slight pang of disappointment but was overwhelmed with the joy of a new baby and instantly over it. What's weird is I remember thinking she looked like Autumn but not as cute. What a horrible thing to think about your own child! I'm sure the dream was spurred by my readiness to be out of the first trimester which seems like it is starting to drag on and the morning sickness comes and goes. Just when I think it's over, I wake up and it's back and lingers for a couple of days. I'm 11 weeks tomorrow so maybe I'm about done with it and can enjoy the second trimester. Nothing like a baby dream to make you feel really impatient for him/her to be here!

2 comments:

Melissa Beth said...

Yeah, I don't know how to dream about having a daughter either. It's weird... like I can't imagine nursing a girl either? Is that a weird thing to say? I mean, I have only nursed boys... so it seems... weird almost. Fun to hear about your dreams... Almost there... second trimester, here you come!

Steph said...

Yeah- I totally get that. It seems weird to me to nurse a boy, too. I guess once you have one you would get over that pretty quickly!