I signed the girls up to be cheerleaders for the Pee-Wee Football team after them begging for months to do it. I had no idea what we were getting into! They have been having practice three nights a week and have games every Saturday until November. Some games are out of town, too- but only 45 minutes at the most. It's also not very well organized and at the actual game the girls don't have anyone to lead them. Their coach can't make all of the games because there are 8 different teams with small teams of cheerleaders.
For the first game, we had one mom and girl that had done it last year so she helped lead them some of the time. The game was at noon and it was deathly hot. The girls did well about the first 15 minutes and then were so hot that they just wanted to pour water out of their water bottles all over themselves. Their next game is at 7 at night so I'm hoping it will go a little better since it won't be so hot.
They do look awfully cute in their uniforms, though. Autumn is waiting on her skirt because the one that was ordered didn't fit. We made do with a red skirt for the first game.
They lasted about 5 minutes with the pom poms and then said they were too hot and itchy. I think this picture is Shelby about to do a cheer but she was a little embarrassed at first. She did a great job yelling out her cheers when she got over that, though.
They got to throw shirts into the stands and loved that.
Oh My gosh--these are some adorable cheerleaders! Steph, they look so cute!! I hope they get it organized soon, so the girls can keep doing it. They look really good wearing red & white! Love it! Precious girls!
3 nights a week and saturday games sounds like madness, but they sure do look cute in those little cheer outfits. And I bet they are super excited to get to be real cheerleaders.
2 comments:
Oh My gosh--these are some adorable cheerleaders! Steph, they look so cute!! I hope they get it organized soon, so the girls can keep doing it. They look really good wearing red & white! Love it! Precious girls!
3 nights a week and saturday games sounds like madness, but they sure do look cute in those little cheer outfits. And I bet they are super excited to get to be real cheerleaders.
Post a Comment