Day 2 was a success! Shelby & I walked Autumn to her classroom in the morning. All of the kids were sitting down lined up outside of the classroom. She went to the end of the line (and 5 boys) and stayed her distance from them. I hugged her and told her bye and we were off.
When I went to go pick her up I remembered that I had given Corry's mom the carseat to borrow for Shelby while she watched her this morning. I had forgotten to get it back because I had picked Shelby up. We also had an extra carseat in Corry's truck but he was fishing. So, at the very last minute I decided to pull Shelby in the wagon and walk the 15 minutes to school. I won't be doing that again for a long while. I just about died-it was so incredibly hot at 2:30 in the afternoon pulling a wagon. 15 minutes there and 15 minutes back and not very smooth sidewalks.
I did get to hear all about her day on our walk, though. She has lots of best friends now but can't remember their names. One of them wears sparkle shoes. She gets to sit at a table with three other girls and she said they are all good girls. Thank you, thank you for putting her with girls today! She had no problems with anyone and had a good lunch and recess.
Yep, I think she is going to be just fine. Shelby did say she missed Autumn today. It is very strange to be at home with one child and to only take one child with me places. Shelby starts preschool in a couple of weeks, though, and I also will start working while the girls are in school.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Day 2 of Kindergarten
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like she is going to do great- and really no surprises there! Alli tells me all the girls stay in line with their eyes on the teacher like they are supposed to but the boys won't be quiet and stand still. So funny. I told her boys have a harder time being still cause that's just the way God made them- the proof is in her little brother :-)
So glad to see she is liking it. Jack says the biggest difference between Kinder and First Grade is that "First Grade has TWO slides."
Post a Comment