About a week later, we noticed that she was starting to get bumps after eating lots of different things. We have also noticed that she sometimes doesn't get a rash, but her face gets really pale. She also complains that her stomach hurts sometimes while eating things that give her a rash or make her pale. She also gets either a. hyperactive with a very defiant look in her eyes or b. lethargic.
So, we have an appointment set with an allergist for January 25th. In the meantime, we are trying to stop feeding her all of the foods that are causing reactions. Besides chocolate, everytime I go to the label to see what the ingredients are of a food that bothered her, wheat seems to be a recurrent theme. It's really hard to tell, though. I am also keeping a food diary to see what patterns I see. I don't want to totally change her diet until I know what is actually bothering her.
I've had a really hard time trying to get a good picture. If I use the flash close-up it's too bright but if I don't use the flash it's too dark.Here is one that came out okay. I can't remember what she ate, though, since it pretty much happens everyday.
This is a different time and it's hard to see the rash. It's mainly on her chin.
4 comments:
wow! That is so strange. Poor baby girl. I know that since the weather is so dry, their skin is much more sensitive. But this is a true food allergy. I hope you can figure out what to feed her in the meantime. Give her some love from us!
Oh no! Trust me, I know how hard it is to pinpoint what it is!
I know the test will definitely tell, but I will suggest cutting her meals down to meat (little smokies, ham, turkey), fruit, veggies, juice until her appt. They are rarely allergic to these things.
Let's hope it's not wheat! Praying! Call if you have any questions!
Oh no! I'm so sorry. You can even see a few hives in that first pic- bless her heart. Praying for answers soon and like Melissa said, that wheat is not a culprit.
Between Melissa and Derik, hopefully you will have some good resources and advice on how to deal with it.
So sorry she is still having this :(
Let me know what they say. Has her Pedi done a blood test for peanuts or are they just going to wait until Jan? I know our Ped will do a quick blood test to check the levels. Def sounds like an allergy or at least a strong sensitivity to something. Haley would get the same very Hyper more so and defiant crazy eyes. It isn't uncommon to have something show up later sometimes it takes many times of eating the food before it shows up. Just watch for saying anything about her mouth. Hope if anything it is something easy to avoid. Big Hugs to Shelbs.
Post a Comment