The girls' gymnastics class had some different fun events in December. One night was parent participation and one parent of each child that wanted to participate got to go with their child and do all of the things that they do. I did it and it was a lot of fun. Some of the things that didn't look very hard, like different things they do on the bars, were actually a lot harder than I thought. I was also very surprised at how dizzy I got after doing forward rolls on the mat. I could barely stand up after I rolled! The only thing I didn't get to do was the trampoline and jump into the foam pit but I'm probably better off not trying that anyways for reasons most women who have had a child know!
They also had a pajama party and played different games one night the week before Christmas.
They let parents take pictures one night and had the kids pose doing different things. I also took lots of video, but that doesn't seem to make it onto the computer as fast!
Shelby on the balance beam with Ms. Kayla (both girls' favorite teacher) helping her...
2 comments:
Yeah- I'm pretty disappointed about the trampoline thing. I've tried a few times at my sister's house 'cause they have one and it just didn't work out so well. Not cool at all. And I used to LOVE the trampoline :-(
That looks like a really nice gym- glad the girls are having fun with it! And those are some really cute leotards too- I should probably get Alli some nice ones. We're working with hand-me-downs that are pretty tattered.
Yeah, all of Autumn's leotards are hand-me-downs and I've bought a couple for really cheap on ebay. I finally broke down and bought the one Shelby has on b/c all of hers were so faded or stained. I bought it at a dance store and it's actually a dance leotard but it was $20 instead of the $35-40 that the gymnastic leotards are. I just can't spend that on a leotard for a 3 or 5-year-old!! $20 was pushing it!
Post a Comment