Saturday, February 07, 2009

Falling in love

An excerpt from a conversation in the car between Autumn & I:

A: Mom, why do people get married?
Me: Well, because they fall in love and want to be together.
A: How do they fall in love?
Me: They really like each other and then also love each other and they fall in love.
A: Do they have to lay down?

It took me a second to get that she was taking "fall in love" literally!

4 comments:

o said...

Cute!!! Kids take things at face value most of the time, which is so refreshing!

Keese Klan said...

VERY cute!! How sweet!

Melissa Beth said...

Autumn, sweetie, "The BIBLE says you must wait until AFTER the wedding to lay down."

Julie said...

That would have caught me by surprise too. And when that happens, I usually just laugh-probably not recommended in the mommy book, but I can't help it.
This was so cute.