Autumn got to strut her stuff on her princess bike that she is just now really getting the hang of pedaling and controlling. Shelby took her Dora Big Wheel, which she doesn't pedal but moves with her feet on the ground. We actually tried working on pedaling yesterday because her legs are more than long enough to pedal any of her bikes. She understands what is supposed to happen, I think she doesn't quite have the leg strength or something. She can MOVE with her feet on the ground, though!
The bike rodeo was really them just riding their bikes back and forth in the church parking lot. Autumn & Shelby's classes rode at different times and for some reason Shelby's class went out early and came in early (I think there were too many kids outside from other classes) so I only saw her for a couple of minutes and didn't get any pictures. I was in limbo between going up there to watch Shelby and then waiting to watch Autumn so Autumn's teacher invited me to their class. I spent about 40 minutes in Autumn's class as they did their normal daily things and that was a lot of fun. Autumn was so happy that I was there and it was neat to see how all of the kids interacted.
Autumn's teacher Ms. Deana racing the kids...

Autumn decided to play crossing guard and was having the kids all stop in a line. They listened amazingly well to her.

Autumn decided to play crossing guard and was having the kids all stop in a line. They listened amazingly well to her.
2 comments:
I like that little outfit Autumn had on- hopefully she did too even if it isn't officially a dress.
TJ prefers the feet on the ground method of bike riding too. Although, his legs truly aren't long enough to reach the pedals yet. He's a little challenged in the leg length department. But, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't pedal even if he could 'cause he's MUCH faster with his feet on the ground.
That's so funny about Autumn and her dress situation...I still have that battle with Leanna. Next week they have Go Western day at school, so I've been trying to sell the idea to her about wearing jeans and a button down...No success yet!
And Kayla does the same thing with her Barbie Big Wheel, but her legs aren't long enough yet. But they do move faster the "Flinstones" way!
When do your girls have Spring Break from school...maybe we can plan something!
Post a Comment