Monday, July 19, 2010

Dancing is only fun without formal instruction...

...or so my kids seem to think! I signed the girls up for a ballet/tap class once a week for the month of July. I thought we'd try it out before we got caught up in recital and making them go to class if they didn't like it. So they both went to the same class for 3-5 year olds the first day and Autumn was obviously older than most of the kids. I also heard Barney playing and knew that she was not going to be cool with that. She hated it and asked to switch to Zumba. I e-mailed the dance lady and she said it was fine to switch. Shelby also says that she does not like going to dance. I think they are more into the "freestyle" dancing! Autumn has gone to Zumba once, and was younger and more inexperienced than the other girls in her class, but she loved it. So, we'll see how that goes!

Luckily, all of Shelby's dance clothes were Autumn's hand-me-downs and I got everything for Autumn really cheap on ebay. I snapped a couple of pictures of them dressed in everything but their ballet shoes.

Shelby on her 2nd day of dance...at least I got her to go back!

0 comments: