Saturday, April 17, 2010

Some Springtime Fun

I'm so glad that the weather has gotten warmer and that Spring finally arrived. It was a long winter and I have had enough cold and rain to last a lifetime (and I know it's so much worse in many other places in the winter but I would really like 80 degree weather year around)!

We went to the beach with our friends Susie & Lucy last weekend and the weather didn't exactly cooperate for us. It was supposed to be a nice weekend but turned out to be a rainy and overcast morning last Saturday. We had already made plans to go to the beach so continued on with our plan. We ended up all piling up in my car and eating our picnic lunch in the car at the beach because it was sprinkling. It stopped raining shortly after and the kids were able to play in the water a little bit- well Autumn and Lucy did anyways. Shelby does not like to be even slightly cold (she takes after her mom in that respect) and decided to hang out in the car until everyone was ready to go! We all had fun even with the windy, cool weather and were glad we had gone.
Just the fact that Susie brought Caprisuns made Shelby a happy camper! And this is the only picture that I have on the camera even though I remember taking a couple of the kids in the water. Maybe I erased them in the windy confusion.

We've had lots of buttercups in the front yard and the girls have had fun picking and smelling them.



We went to Froberg's and picked two buckets of strawberries in about 5 minutes!


Man, I wish this place was closer. I'd go every week for the two months that you can pick strawberries! You just can't buy them at the store looking or tasting this good.

We have a couple of parks within walking distance of the new house. The girls went on a bughunt today with new bugcatchers from Gammy. Here's Autumn on top of a pile of mulch that was at the park waiting to be spread out.

They each caught a catepillar to put in their bugcatchers and neither of them has any problem holding or touching them (as I do, just the thought of it gives me the heebie jeebies). Autumn considers herself an expert of sorts because they have lots of catepillars at the playground at school and she spends her time playing with them everyday! She knows which ones she can touch and which ones will sting her.

They informed me that it was the catepillars' playtime.



I love spring but the countdown to summer has begun! 6 more weeks of school to go!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Autumn's hair is getting really dark! I just love spring too- the wildflowers this year are amazing! If I ever get around to posting, I'll put some of my spring pics up too- how is it that you have a full time job and are still able to keep up with your blog while I stay at home and am months behind?
We've really been wanting to go strawberry picking in Fredericksburg- hopefully we'll get to go before the season is over. Looks like yummy fun!

Steph said...

Your house is probably cleaner than mine ;)

Anonymous said...

Autumn looks TALL! I think it's been way too long since we've seen you guys. :)