Tuesday, November 24, 2009

5 Years Old!!!

I can't believe my first baby is 5 years old. It seems like she was just born in so many ways, but it is also harder and harder to remember her as a baby when she acts so grown up. She has come full circle from being an incredibly good baby (although I didn't completely realize it at the time since she was my first), to a busy toddler that tested me a lot, to a sweet preschooler that wants to help and do what's right most of the time. She's a sweet, sensitive girl and I'm so proud of who she is becoming.

We celebrated her birthday with some of her friends and classmates this past weekend at a local park. We lucked out and had perfect sunny weather!!
Her Barbie Alexa cake...
We rented a bouncy castle/slide...




Some of the kids posing at the top of the slide (they arranged this themselves and asked me to take their picture- I think they've taken a few pictures before!)
Autumn & Emily sliding...


Autumn was so happy to have a pinata at her party!


Shelby & Kayla...

Megan swinging Autumn...

Megan swinging with Autumn...

I gave Autumn a choice of opening her presents at the park or waiting until she got home and she wanted to wait until she got home- so after the party my parents & Megan came over and Autumn opened all of her presents. She got lots of fun, girly stuff from barbies, to princess games, to clothes. Her gift from us was a karaoke machine & Miley Cyrus cd. She is recently into Miley, Taylor Swift, and Carrie Underwood...

My parents & Megan gave her tickets to see Taylor Swift in concert, a Taylor Swift doll, and Taylor Swift cd's. I don't think she quite comprehends what the concert is going to be like but I think she is going to love it.

It turns out that she doesn't like to sing in front of anyone despite what this picture looks like. She is having a good time with the karaoke machine in her room with the door shut, though!


1 comments:

Julie said...

OH, you definitely have to sneak a video camera through a cracked door to get that private performance on film! I would love to see that.
Happy Birthday Autumn!!