We took a weekend trip with our friends Aaron, Amber & Aydan to Port Aransas and had an awesome time. Our only complaints were that we should have gone for three instead of two nights and we didn't exactly enjoy the hour-long ferry wait there and back. Other than that, the beach was beautiful and the weather was perfect. Staying on the water was actually a nice, cool break from the heat at home! Corry was our chef and cooked Snapper Pontchartrain the first night and boiled shrimp, sausage, corn and potatoes the second night.
The girls on our balcony...
We had a beautiful view...
The first night, after swimming in the pool, Amber and I took the girls down for a "walk" on the beach while the guys went to the store. The "walk" turned into my girls both being covered in sand and soaking wet!
They found a shovel and net someone had left and couldn't help but try them out! Aydan is observing and deciding if she wants to get dirty I'm sure!
At the beach the next day...
Feeding the seagulls...
I found two sand dollars on the bottom of the ocean floor while trying to scoop up hermit crabs for the girls. I have never seen a live sand dollar and never even found a dead one on the beach so was really excited about my find! The hermit crabs were everywhere- we were literally scooping up 20-30 on our boogie board while in the water.
The backside of the sand dollar.
All of the kids were intrigued with our treasures and Autumn really wanted to take them home. We released them back into the water, though, and tried to explain why we didn't want to keep it for ourselves.
3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a wonderful time. It's so pretty there! I can't believe that Jim's parents live right across the way in Aransas Pass, yet I have never been to Port Aransas!
We were JUST there this past weekend! Were you there too? CRAZY!
I'm behind a bit on my pics, but stay tuned for a pose inside the shark's mouth as well :)
Gosh this beach looks so awesome. I showed Pat the pics and he's ready to go there now. I think we'll be heading there sometime in the next few months. I love all your pics, by the way. I am super excited about seeing a live sand dollar, even if it's just through your picture. I think it's so cool!
Post a Comment