Wednesday, July 08, 2009

July 4th Weekend cont'

While the Dements were visiting over the weekend, the kids (and many adults) played on the slide and had a great time. Julie sent me a lot more pics and great pics of Corry & Dwaine sliding but I'm too lazy to get them and save them to my pics right now! I thought I took some pictures of Julie sliding, too, but don't see any so I'm not too sure about that?

TJ was so cute, he came down with a great big smile everytime!






Later on that afternoon, Derik & Crystal and the kids came to join in on the waterslide fun and then Corry cooked steaks on the grill. We all ate dinner, had another cake for Shelby's birthday that Derik had brought, and then went to see fireworks in Freeport. The fireworks were not all that impressive since it was still only the 3rd of July but we all had a good time anyways.

All of the kids lined up in their chairs waiting for fireworks...
Audrey (5), Autumn (4), Shelby (3), Travis (4), Alli (4), and TJ (2)



Most of the kids moved to the Expedition right before fireworks. It really was a great spot for them.


Fast-forward to night two...we went to see more fireworks in Lake Jackson and the show was much better!

Alli looking cute at the end of the night...
I have to say, too, the sleeping arrangements went really well. Of course all of the kids went to bed later than usual both nights, but all in all we didn't have any problems getting any of them to sleep. Shelby, Alli, and TJ all went to sleep in Shelby's room both nights. I've never been able to get Autumn to go to sleep with Shelby because she likes it really quiet. We let her sleep in our bed and it all worked out perfectly.
We were also planning to take the boat out for the 4th but it still needed a new part before we could take it out, so maybe...just maybe...we can do that next year!!

0 comments: