Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The not so mysterious unfolding of a towel

Thought I'd share a little conversation I had with Shelby earlier as I was folding clothes:

Me: "Who unfolded my towel and put it on the couch?" (As the dog lays on it)
"Shelby did you do it?"

Shelby: "No, Buttons did it."

Me: "Shelby, Buttons can't unfold towels. Autumn did you unfold the towel?"

Autumn: "No, Mom, I didn't do it."

Then many more "Shelby did you do it?" and "Shelby tell me the truths."

Then,
Shelby: "I didn't see me do it."

Me: "Shelby, if you tell lies you get spanked. If you tell me the truth you won't get spanked. Did you do it?"

Finally, after a few minutes...
Me: "Shelby did you do it?"
Shelby: "Autumn didn't see me do it."
Me: "Did you do it?"
Shelby: "Yes."
Me: "Thank you for telling me the truth. Next time you get spanked if you lie. And don't unfold my laundry!"

What I did learn from this is that Shelby is a very bad liar, just like me! She smiles the whole time and looks very guilty! Autumn is a much better and straight-faced liar, which is much more difficult to deal with.

Now, back to the clothes...

1 comments:

Melissa Beth said...

And so it begins...

Poor Buttons, just an innocent bystander gettin' blamed.

Yeah, Jack says, "Momma, I need to tell you a truth but I'm a little bit scared." as he covers his hiny with his hands.