Well, on the way there Autumn started complaining that her throat was hurting. I tried to figure out what kind of hurt- sore throat or throw up. She didn't know it just hurt really bad. She also told me her whole body hurt. This is how it started for all of us so I knew she was probably coming down with the virus. We were already halfway to the restaurant, though, and Corry and I never actually threw up when we had it so I thought Autumn would be okay to make it through dinner.
So we got there, ordered our appetizer and meals, Autumn was still complaining that her throat hurt. We ate our fried calamari appetizer, started to eat our salads. Autumn was looking really bad so I suggested she lay her head on Corry's lap. She crawled onto his lap but sat down leaning back on him. The next thing we knew, she vomited all over Corry and onto the floor. It was a horrible sight. I initially freaked out in my mind and asked Corry if I should take her to the car. He told me no to take her to the bathroom in case she needed to throw up again. Oh yeah, good idea. Scooped her up and luckily we were right next to the bathroom. Walked in and there was only one stall and it was TAKEN. She let loose and threw up all over me and herself and I then turned her around and she finished in the sink.
I should also add that Shelby followed us into the bathroom completely oblivious to any of this going on and telling me over and over that she needs to pee pee. Total chaos!
So we end up leaving (obviously) and I apologize to the waitress. She had already told us she had a three-year-old and she was very understanding and nice about it. I took Autumn and Shelby to the car and Corry waited a few minutes while they packed our dinners to go.
So we got to eat our meals at home. It could have been worse and she could have thrown up while we were eating our meals, ruining them!
In the end, Corry and I rang in the New Year just the two of us. We watched the New Year celebrations on tv and were amazed at all of the horrible bands that we had never heard of. In the almost fourteen years we've been together, we had never been alone at midnight before. Not only that, we did not even have a single adult beverage to bring in the New Year. You know what, though, we still had a nice New Year's Eve being together. It's funny how perspectives change as we get older. Next thing you know, we won't even make it to midnight! Just kidding, I really hope to at least be able to stay up until midnight for a very long time.
Here's to a healthy, happy 2009 to all of my friends and family!
4 comments:
Poor little Autumn! Is she feeling better? Oh yes,... Lexi has had her fair share of puking in public places - and YES, for SOME reason it is embarrassing! It shouldn't be - but I always am!
OH NO!!! So sorry she finally got the virus- that thing was brutal!
We were commenting on how our perspective on New Year's Eve has changed too. We also spent the evening on the couch with a PPV movie and no alcoholic beverages and to be honest- that's exactly where I wanted to be. We at least made sure we got a midnight kiss in. It was nice to not wake up to the after effects of a big celebration.
Thanks for not posting pictures.
Oh yuck, I think I would have been crying! I would have lost it with the puck was on me, and not at home to change. Next time better listen to Autumn huh! Poor thing how awful :(
We watched two Movies at home and drank a little wine but that is about it too.
Post a Comment