Shelby had her first accident-free day with pottytraining yesterday! She's been going to the potty on her own for several months but when she wanted to or if I randomly reminded her. I haven't really been in a rush and wanted to make sure she was truly ready to make it easier on us both.
I am using a little positive reinforcement this time around which I didn't do with Autumn but it seems to be working. Everytime she goes potty she gets one M&M or originally it was a tiny pacifier sweettart out of a candy machine (she loves them!). If Autumn takes her potty or helps in any way then she also gets a piece of candy (Yeah, pottytraining is a little easier when you've got a little helper!). I've always been a little hesitant to use candy but I knew Shelby needed a little push and candy is the way to her heart!
The first day we started, Shelby had several accidents. Yesterday was like it just clicked. We even went out to run a couple of errands so I put a pull up on her but it was dry when we got home. I'm so excited to be so close to being diaper-free, at least in the day. I guess I should wait and see how today goes before I get too excited, though! I also wanted to record it in writing because I don't really remember exactly what age Autumn was when she started wearing panties all day. I know it was about this time but not exactly when.
One thing's for sure, there is no sadness for me with her reaching this milestone!
Friday, August 22, 2008
On her way to being diaper free!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow!!!! Big girl!
I think we're a long way off from that. I'm gonna blame it on him being a boy. Not that I've even been trying 'cause I do not want a long potty training journey this time around. I'd rather wait till he's good and ready and then get it done quickly. That's my plan at least- we'll see if it actually goes that way.
We also are going straight to candy for a reward this time. He got 2 skittles the other day for one of his first successful attempts (and Alli too- and she didn't even help, but she did celebrate with us). I like that idea about the big sister helping though. I may steal that one.
Anyway- congratulations on being that close to being diaper free! Awesome.
Congrats! Yay for Shelby!
Also, Yay for you for being so relaxed about it! That is so important. I think I made too big a deal out of it with Jack so we ended up potty training for months and months and months.
I, too, may steal the big brother helper idea, although I just realized Jack will be like 8 years old. I have a feeling ONE M&M is not gonna cut it.
Wow, I am so TOTALLY FAR AWAY from being diaper-free in this house!
Post a Comment