Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tumbling

The girls started a two-week tumbling class at the rec center just so we could all get a feel for it and see if one or both might be ready for something like that. Autumn is doing much better at following instruction than she did just 6 months ago when I enrolled her in gymnastics right before moving. She only went to two classes but she wasn't ready for it then and didn't have the right instructor either. This time around she does really well when engaged in activity, but there's a lot of idle time and she loses interest pretty quickly when she has to wait in line for 5 or more minutes to do rolls or back bends. With Shelby I've just learned after two days that I have to stay right by her and constantly redirect. She's probably the youngest one in the class and I didn't really know if I would end up putting her in or not but she wants to do whatver her sister does these days and there's no way she's going to sit back and watch. So it's a little bit of a circus with trying to keep both girls with the rest of the class...thank goodness it's only for two weeks!

We're ready Mom!

Autumn, her friend Emily, and an unknown child (at least to me!)- I definitely didn't get any smiles that time around!


There's some smiles!

0 comments: