How is it possible that this little baby girl is almost a two-year-old? It sure is different when the baby's not a baby anymore. When Autumn turned two it felt like she should be turning two, I guess because she had a baby sister who was so much smaller at the time. Now my baby's not a baby....she's still a Momma's girl, though, no doubt about that!
We had a birthday party for her this past weekend with family and a couple of neighbors and friends. The kids had a blast on the blow-up slide and for once in my life it did not rain when I had something planned outdoors! It was 50/50 chance though, so I was sweating it for a little bit. Corry cooked a brisket that he slaved over until 3 in the morning the night before and then got up again in the morning to finish cooking. He says it was his best brisket ever but he says that everytime! I guess they get better everytime or else we go so long between cooking one that he always thinks it's better than the last!
It's fun when the kids start getting older and really enjoy their parties. I think Shelby had a lot of fun this year and liked the birthday attention that she got. We had a Minnie Mouse/Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme only because that is one of the few shows that Shelby will pay a little bit of attention to. I lucked out and found a Minnie Mouse shirt for her with a big 2 on it and also a shirt for Autumn that has Minnie & Daisy Duck and says "Twice the fun but Double the Trouble!" I had to get that!
Shelby next to yet another cute cake that Gammy made...

The party wasn't until 3:00 and they were so anxious and excited for everyone to get there!
Everyone singing "Happy Birthday" to her...
Blowing out her candle...and she even got it on the first try!
A close-up...
Fun on the slide...she doesn't actually get into sliding down too much but likes to bounce on the side!.jpg)
Megan was all of the little girls entertainment! (It was pointed out that there were only little girls here, I think 5 plus my two and Megan and her friend Megan), but we did invite three little boys- they just weren't able to come!)
Autumn on the slip 'n slide...
Shelby having a ball on the slip 'n slide! Thank goodness my mom took all of these outdoor pics- she gets way better pics than I usually can!
The kids having fun on and around the slide...
Shelby was so tired by the time we got to presents (we skipped the nap for her party) but she had lots of help opening her presents!.jpg)
Wooosh...another birthday gone by...I think she just needs to stay this age now!
5 comments:
Where has the time gone!!! I just can't believe it! Jake will be a Year soon :( I know what you mean about the second not seeming like they should be as old as they are because they should still be babies.
Jake seems so much younger to me then Haley did at that age. :( boo to growing up to fast. Love ya guys, the girls are looking so much more alike now I think!
Happy Happy Birthday Shelby!! Looks like you had lots of fun. That close up picture is gorgeous- I still can't get over those big blue eyes.
Yes, I'm not sure where the last 2 years went, but these babies (I'm in denial- they are still babies)are definitely growing up too fast. And I agree, they should just stay this age- no more birthdays!
Wow!I cannot believe our kiddos will be 2 within the next few days!! Sadness! I hope she had a great celebration...and I'm sure she'll have a fun birthday!
HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY SHELBY!!
By the way, cute theme. The shirts are adorbale!
Wow, that cake is awesome. I need a Gammy.
Post a Comment