Thursday, May 08, 2008

Froberg's Farm

We went out to Froberg's Farm in Alvin to pick strawberries with our friend Ana and her family. Ana's girls are the same ages as Autumn and Shelby. They are all so sweet together.


I had only been to Froberg's once before but never seen the strawberry patches- I could not believe how many there were! It was so much fun getting to pick our own strawberries and they are so GOOD! They were only $1.25 a pound so we ended up getting 4 little baskets full for a little over $4! We also did some fruit and veggie shopping while we were there, too.


Ana- I didn't tell you but we ended up going back in and getting some strawberry jelly and two fried pies! Their fried pies are to die for! I only found two that weren't sugarfree- Strawberries & Cream and a Pumpkin- and ate the Strawberries & Cream on the way home. I could live on those things! Autumn and Shelby downed a basket of strawberries on the way home, too!

(I got a close-up of them with this one but Shelby is grinning with her eyes closed and shirt pulled up!)


Shelby working the fields with her baby in her arms


Leanna with Shelby & Autumn



Kayla- she was so funny, she LOVED the strawberries, even the green ones!



I think there was a lovebug in Autumn's bucket and she was afraid it was going to eat her strawberries!


They are all watching a train go by that is not too far away...


Autumn's wish came true...she told me on the way there that she hoped Leanna & Kayla would hold hands with her. I guess it's the small things in life :)



Big sisters helping the little sisters along...

We had a lot of fun Landry family! We'll have to plan something else soon!

Ana has more pics on her blog, too, at http://www.landrygirls.blogspot.com/


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

me and mom have picked strawberries twice their they are really good!

Julie said...

How adorable are those last pics with all the girls holding hands- melts my heart!
Strawberry picking sounds like lots of fun and yummy too.

goddess95 said...

We had so much fun with you girls! The girls are ready to hang out again!! I can't wait.