We took the kids to the local Easter egghunt and they had so much fun! Autumn and Shelby were in different areas so I went with Shelby and Corry went with Autumn. With both kids they instructed the parents to stay behind the ropes and to let the kids go by themselves. I wasn't sure if Shelby would really know what to do if I wasn't with her but she figured it out pretty quick! When they said go she started running and collecting eggs, the only problem was that after about three eggs she decided to open one. She was so excited that there was candy inside that she abandoned her basket and ran back to show me! This happened a couple of times so she didn't end up with very many eggs! When we met back up with Corry and Autumn, she had a ton of eggs! I was surprised since she was in the 3-5 age group and this was her first real egghunt with competition. Corry said she took off and was on a mission! They were strategizing before it started and he told her to run straight to the middle when they said go and start getting eggs because the rest of the people were going to stay on the outside closest to where they were first. Apparently it worked! She was so proud of her eggs, too! When we got back in the car Shelby was hollering for me to open all of her eggs so she could have the candy and Autumn wanted to save all of hers to show Mammy, Pappy, and Megan (who were on their way over). They are now on top of the refrigerator "so that Shelby can't get them."
Shelby in action

Coming to show me the candy but she's not sure where I am in all of the people. Her basket is right by that little boy on the left!
Afterwards- look at all of those eggs!
2 comments:
I'm sure they had so much fun! We took Leanna twice to these. But we stopped going when they got too crowded!
Love the strategizing. So hilarious! TJ was definitely more interested in the candy than in finding more eggs also.
Post a Comment