Posing on Gammy's coffee table...
Shelby is also very into hiding lately. Her favorite spot is behind all of my clothes in the closet...this could keep her entertained for hours!
And my last pics are more of a warning...for those of you who think you may ever be tempted to make Oatmeal Playdough...don't do it! Autumn and Cadence were peacefully playing with playdough and for whatever reason I decided that we needed more playdough. I found a recipe but was missing a couple of ingredients. So, I decided to look on the internet and see what I could find real quick that we did have the ingredients. In my brief search, I came up with Oatmeal playdough. It only requires 1 cup oatmeal, 2 cups flour, and some water. Those ingredients I had! The girls had fun stirring it up and there was no cooking involved; however, it was so sticky and messy! So, there are a few good reasons for it that I can think of 1. It's easy with no cooking, 2. Only two ingredients, 3. If your child either has an issue with getting his/her hands dirty, this is good practice at seeing what dirty hands feel like, or 4. If your child likes to get his/her hands dirty, this is a material that can't harm anything and comes off relatively easy! So that's my overview, but I wouldn't make it again! A friend of mine, who was a preschool teacher, did tell me to put salt in it if I made it again and that would make it less sticky, so that's a thought.
Cadence stirring it up...Cadence loved getting her hands dirty!
Autumn did NOT! This is her feeble attempt to play with it! She had it in her hands maybe 15 seconds and then wanted to go wash her hands. We did this about 4 times and then she was done!
0 comments:
Post a Comment