Gone are the days when we said "Well, the girls are quiet in their room. Everything must be okay." Now it is, "The girls are waaayyy too quiet, something's going on!" Take last night for example, Corry and I were discussing some important matter and thought the girls were just playing in their room. All of a sudden, I heard the most gleeful but mischievious laughter I have ever heard out of Autumn's mouth. I literally jumped out of my chair and ran to their room! This is what I found.....

Shelby had found my foundation (the $20 something dollar foundation) and together they proceeded to squirt it all over the wall and then smear with their hands! Keep in mind that our house is also for sale and now besides the fact that I have to buy new make-up, we also have to paint her wall in a timely fashion! I'm going to have to work on not laughing at them when trying to discipline, though. As soon as I called Corry in to have a look it was all we could do to not start laughing! We somehow managed not to, though.
I told Autumn I was going to take a picture of them in front of the wall so I could send it to Santa and he would have proof that they had been bad girls! And she STILL smiled!! She also told me several times that it was an accident! When I told her it wasn't an accident she said "But it was really very fun." I'm doomed- no remorse and she's making up stories!
(And yes her night clothes were way too small for her and not quite seasonal but she found them in Shelby's drawer and decided they needed to dress alike!)
8 comments:
Oh my, I think I would have lost it!
You are is so much Trouble, I am glad I had a boy and not a girl to have a partner in crime with. How did they manage to not get it on their bed and the toy box, and it looks like they went around the Toy box but not on it, They so knew what they were doing!! I may have to think again about you guys coming here, :)
Cindy-
I have no idea how it was really such a clean job. Nowhere on the carpet or toy box. There's a tiny bit on the comforter but you can't really see it. That's a good thing b/c it didn't wash out of Shelby's nighties. I really wish I could have seen exactly how they did it.
Don't be trying to back out now ;)
That girl is trouble with a capital "T" and it's obvious that Shelby was not innocent in all of this either.
I'm pretty sure that Dwaine would not have had any problems not laughing. I think I would have had to look out for the steam coming out of his ears. Autumn's response on the other hand might have produced a little laughter.
We've been pretty lucky so far to not have a disaster of this proportion, but I'm sure our time is coming.
I hate to break it to Haley and Jake's mom, but just because her new little one is a boy doesn't mean they won't be partners in crime :-) I can assure her of that!
I know it sounds weird to say we were holding back laughter. I wouldn't have thought that would be our reponse either! It was one of those get really really mad moments or laugh uncontrollably. They were just too cute in the whole mess!
And yeah, I was going to let Cindy think it might be better with a brother while Jake was still little and uncapable of such things! Unfortunately, I think they all end up teaming up against the parents at some point ;) At least when they're so close in age.
OMG! This too funny...yet, not so funny! I know I am not alone now. Leanna & Kayla are the same way...I freak out when it's too quiet. Thankfully they haven't gotten the wall...the carpet is another story! I was laughing at the BIG CHEESY smile she gave for the picture...she wants Santa to see her smile!
It is so funny how Autumn still smiled I would of burst out in laughter too!
I am a friend of Julie's and I keep up with your blog regularly. I feel like I know the girls - they are SO cute! So, I wanted to direct you to my blog where I totally stole your brilliant idea from this particular post... Thanks! Melissa
www.themomologue.blogspot.com
Steph those pictures are PRICELESS!! I would have been furious, and there is NO WAY that I could have kept a straight face either!! At least you can look on the bright side you only had to paint a wall, you could have had to replace the carpet!!
Post a Comment