Tuesday, August 21, 2012

First Day of School

Summer came and went in a flash.  I can't believe we are starting another school year.  The girls started at a new school this year, a private Christian school nearby.  At the end of the year last school year we made the decision to enroll them.  I went to visit and fell in love- we all did.  Their class size averages 10-12 students.  There are two first grade classes and one second grade class.  The school is growing and has fairly new administration that have big expansion plans.   It's a small, caring, Christian environment and I'm really excited about the girls being a part of it. 
 
The only things we struggled with were pulling the girls out of their school, affording it short term and long term, and Autumn enjoyed the GT program last year and it was a good experience for her and potentially for Shelby.  We all sat down and made a pros and cons list and the pros far exceeded the cons.  The girls were all for it and we knew that we could make it work, one way or another.    
 
Today was their first day.  I walked them into the cafeteria and each of them has a friend there that they found right away.  Shelby's friend Abby is going there but is in the other 1st grade class and Autumn's friend Grace from her class last year is in her new class.  That definitely helped with the transition for them all since it is the first year for all of them.  Autumn & Shelby were both excited and anxious about their first day.  Shelby gave me a big hug when they called all first graders and Autumn started walking off without saying goodbye (so I think she was definitely okay with it all)!   
Autumn before "Meet the Teacher" last week.
Shelby before "Meet the Teacher" last week.
First Day of 2nd Grade
First Day of 1st Grade


0 comments: