Thursday, March 22, 2012

Carly's 1-year milestones


About to go on a wagon ride after lunch and her doctor visit this morning.

Carly had her 1-year checkup and vaccinations today.  She weighed exactly 16 pounds and was 28 inches tall.  She is in the 5-10% for weight but the doctor said she is following a normal growth curve and is just little.  I didn't ask the heighth percentile but I think it is a little higher. 

Words (or approximations) she says:
Mama
Dada
Shelby
Buttons
Up
Down
More
Snack
Milk
Hi
Hello
Bye-Bye
No no
Thank you
Puppy
Bath
Poo poo
Baby
Diaper
Blanket

Keep in mind that many words sound the same (blanket, bath, buttons, bye bye)!  She says them all in the right context, though.  She tries to say other words, too, but  they really sound nothing like the word so I don't think I'll record it!  She did copy Shelby yelling Autumn's name by yelling "Ahhh" the other day but it's only happened one time so we'll see if she does it again soon.

She waves, claps, plays peek-a-boo, loves on her baby dolls, gives me hugs on the leg & pats my back (I love when she does that).  She shakes her head side-to-side for no and yes.  She'll walk up to an electrical outlet shaking her head, knowing we are going to say no.  She'll also shake her head when we ask her if she wants something she really wants. 

She is sweet, happy most of the time, a bit very mischievious, busy, normally a good sleeper, and just wants her Momma when she is tired.  Although, Daddy is pretty good at getting her to sleep, too.  As you can tell from many pictures, she is a big thumbsucker (especially when tired, unsure of a situation [like the wagon pic above], or around people).  She really doesn't suck her thumb much when it's just us around the house unless she is going to sleep.

Even with the third child, it still amazes me at how much they grow & learn in a year!

1 comments:

Julie said...

That's a lot of words even if some of them do sound the same! Smart girl. I am still completely amazed at how fast they grow too- you think we would get used to it but no, definitely not.