Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring Break 2012

We had a fun, whirlwind of a Spring Break.  I got to go to the rodeo with my sister while Corry stayed with the girls Saturday (they had some fun, too, with Cherry Berry and shopping for bikes).  The next day, we squeezed in a fun birthday party at their friend Sarah's house where they were beautified with painted nails, cute hairdos, and make-up.  We visited with 
Derik & Crystal and the kids that night.  We went to McD's, the Rec Center to swim, Fun Jump, and Cici's with Abby & Austin on Monday & Tuesday.  Abby & Shelby have started spending the night with each other (this is a first for either of the girls to stay with a friend).  Autumn & Shelby spent the night with Abby Monday night and had lots of fun while Corry & I enjoyed dinner at the Red Snapper with only one child! 
And then Wednesday, early in the morning, I was plagued with a stomach virus and our plans for that day were cancelled.  Thursday & Friday I recovered and prepared for Carly's birthday party.  We did go to Froberg's Farm Thursday evening and picked strawberries and the girls stayed a night at Gammy's house and came back home in the morning. 
Saturday was Carly's 1st birthday and we had her party that night.  Sunday was mostly a day of recovery and rest after the crazy week!  The big girls and I did sneak out to go see the Lorax and we all enjoyed it.
 
Everyone had a good time at Fun Jump!  Carly was a bit more timid on the bouncy stuff than Austin.  He is all boy and bounced and tumbled all over the place.  Carly liked to stay close (unless on the ground and then I was chasing her all over).


There is a hurricane simulator at Fun Jump that the girls loved!
Before it started

And after!

I like Autumn's face in this one!

Carly dressed for the strawberry patch...that she never woke up from a nap once there.

Ready to pick

Everyone took their own row


Corry & his big girls

There was a chance it would be muddy so Shelby wore her cowgirl boots!


Me with my big girls



Carly days before her 1st Birthday!

 

1 comments:

Julie said...

Is it the boots or is Shelby getting really tall all of a sudden?
Love the boots by the way- do you know where they came from. Alli used to have pink cowgirl boots that she wore all the time and I couldn't find a good replacement.