The girls are overflowing with things that they say and do that I want to record. I used to post more of that kind of stuff and we were reading back over the blog from 2007 the other day and Autumn loved hearing things that she said when she was 2 and 3.
One thing Shelby says that always makes me smile is when she can't sleep at night she says "I don't have any yawns in me." This morning she had a hard time waking up and I told her she had stayed awake too late last night and she said "I know, I just didn't have any yawns in me."
Yesterday evening, Shelby came into the kitchen where I was with a whole jar of money from her piggy bank. They have a fundraiser at school for the Leukemia Society in which they were asked to donate whatever spare change that they could. We had already used all of our spare change from a cup we collect in the kitchen and the girls had taken their containers to school. Last night, Shelby decided she was going to donate more because she said that she didn't really need all of that money in her piggy bank because she did not even know of anything that she needed. She said that she thought the kids with cancer needed it more.
And something Autumn said in church the other day struck me so innocently true. We were watching a video of Jesus from the Gospel of Matthew when he turned 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish into enough bread and fish to feed 5,000 people. I was helping her to understand what he was doing and she said "Man...what a Lifesaver." Such an understatement in one sense but so deep in another!
I love their sweet innocence & thoughtfulness.
Wednesday, February 08, 2012
Sweet spirits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment