Carly turned 8 months on the 17th and is keeping me on my toes with her curiosity and desire to put every little thing in her mouth. She started saying 4 words and I am pretty sure as of tonight that she knows what she is saying. She said "dada" with meaning first, then "buh" for Buttons, then "mama," and tonight she said "muh" and SIGNED milk! I was so excited that I woke Corry up on the couch! I now realize that she's been telling me "muh" but I just thought she was fussing! She is still crawling everywhere and stands without help but isn't taking steps yet. She has quite a little temper on her (a first for us because neither of her sisters had/have a bad temper). Luckily, she gets over it quickly.
 |
| She often goes around with links in her mouth. |
 |
| She is amazingly sure-footed walking on her walker! |
 |
| Laughing at her sister and enjoying sweet potatoes. |
 |
| She loves to play in this drawer. |
 |
| On the dishwasher lid! I don't normally let her crawl all the way up but felt documentation via a picture was needed! |
 |
| On Thanksgiving Friday at our house |
We are now discovering some food sensitivities/intolerances/allergies? It started with the introduction of cheerios, and then puffs, and oatmeal. We are also now noticing symptoms with rice- rice cereal, Rice Krispies (Gluten free). Different foods cause different symptoms but they all result in either rosy red bumpy chapped cheeks, and/or bumps on her face, and sometimes a bright red/dry thumb after sucking it. We have made the connection to wheat and rice so far but I'm still not able to get her face to completely clear. Her pediatrician told me not to give her wheat anymore (obviously) and now that we are seeing immediate symptoms with rice I'm stopping that. I was really just looking for an easy snack on the go and like to use cereal or oatmeal to thicken up some puree baby foods. I'm also trying to limit wheat in my diet since she is still breastfed (even though the reactions didn't start until recently). It's so frustrating- she is such a good eater and likes almost everything. I am trying to limit her to just a few fruits and vegetables so I can try to narrow down anything that is affecting her.
 |
| Here is a pic with just the bumps. |
 |
| This one is more recent with the rash clustered by the corner of her mouth. After they appear, they often get a whitehead the second day. I just want to figure out what all is causing it so that we can manage it! |
 |
| And lastly, Carly got to do a little baby modeling for Jack & Jill's Boutique in Alvin (pictures were taken by Realife Images). |
1 comments:
She is so stinkin' cute. I feel like I say that everytime I see pics of her- but she IS!!! I mean, HELLO- she's modeling already and doing a darn good job :-)
Can't believe how adventurous, active, and vocal she already is. Wish I could see her in person before she changes much more.
Super frustrating about the food sensitivities. Praying that it is figured out/resolved quickly.
Post a Comment