Sunday, August 21, 2011

Jellystone Park Vacation

We took a late summer vacation to Canyon Lake and stayed at Jellystone Park.  We took Corry's parents 5th wheel camper for our first camping experience in a camper.  We all really enjoyed it once we got the kinks worked out, i.e. a dead rat in the sewage system the first night there.  I have decided that is one of the worst smells there is.  Anyways, we had a great time hanging out at the campground, swimming, visiting with friends, and went to Seaworld the last day.  There are tons of pictures that I have a really hard time narrowing down but I did what I could!

The girls at the playground

Carly was honestly a perfect baby all day every day.  She loves being outside in her stroller.  She had one bad night after I ate red beans and she woke up with stomach pains every hour- poor Corry, he's not used to his sleep being interrupted like that.  It was kind of nice for Daddy to experience it, too- but I didn't say that!


This picture makes me laugh.  That hat is so giant but it worked great for blocking the sun!
Taking her nap floating in the water


The jumping pillow...had to be jumped on early or in the evening because it got hot during the day! 
Our first full day one of the activities we participated in was a scavenger hunt.  I didn't know I was going to be so involved, but there was no turning back!  A brother & sister teamed up with the girls and we had 30 minutes to go around to campers or anywhere on the campground to find things on a list.  When we got back with our items we had tied with another team.  For a tiebreaker they told the kids to go back out and take pictures splashing another team, jumping in together in the water, and playing volleyball.  Our other half of the team quit but the girls were so competetive and were not about to quit.  So we went out and took the pictures and they ended up winning a free pedal cart ride.  The picture above is the other team splashing the girls and below is Autumn & Shelby jumping in fully clothed!

We had to ask the office for a volleyball and the girls pretended to play.

We went to Adobe Verde in Gruene and met up with our college friend Aaron.

My favorite picture of the trip

The free pedal cart ride...that Corry learned how hard it is to go up a hill with two kids in front!  He was sore for two days!
Me posing with Carly...I did ride it around a little and it was hard work!
Cooling off
The girls doing a little rock climbing :)
We did a little shopping in Gruene.

Julie & Dwaine and the kids came out to visit- thanks for all of the pictures you took Julie!  I hijacked many of them for the blog!

Just hanging out

This was after a hard day of playing but I think they look so cute and so grown up.
Seaworld!

I love all of these character pictures (also taken by Julie)- Autumn was apparently really into posing because lots of the pictures have her like that!
Makes me laugh everytime- Autumn looks like she is superimposed into the picture of something and her shoes are a little big and that foot just cracks me up!
You cannot not laugh at this.
The Shamu Rollercoaster
They are really into this...

Another funny one





Such a fun trip...and sadly summer is over and my big girls are about to start Kindergarten (it can't be) and First Grade. 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Had such a blast with you guys! Thanks for letting us join you during your vacay!
Kindergarten for our little Shelby and TJ- I thought I was prepared for this one, but started to tear up a little last night thinking about it. It just can't be.

goddess95 said...

These are so cute. I love Autumn's posing--total girl!!
Have a good 1st day of school--I can't wait to read & see pics about it!
Good luck girls!