Saturday, March 26, 2011

Welcome Carly June

Carly June was born on March 17th at 1:47 in the afternoon weighing 5 pounds 13 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long.  Short birth overview- I was induced  that morning with Pitocin at around 11:20 a.m., hard contractions started around 1:00 p.m., was just about to get the epidural around 1:30, water broke as I was having a contraction and before the epidural could be administered, Carly began crowning, and was out at 1:47.  So labor was much quicker than we anticipated and I really didn't ever consider not getting the epidural.  My body and Carly decided that for me, though!  It was all worth it to get this beautiful baby girl.  

Our first picture as a family of 5 right after Carly was born.




3 comments:

Julie said...

Oooh I can't wait to talk about giving birth without an epidural.
A Thanksgiving baby, July 4th (almost) baby and now a St Patty's Day baby!! Do you guys plan these things?
She is so super cute- really wished we lived closer so I could see her already.

t said...

congratulations again! she is perfect

o said...

I have not been on here in forever, but just checked in. Congrats on a healthy baby girl and a new house!! How exciting for you all! Hope all is well.