Friday, December 10, 2010

Visit to Santa & Build-A-Bear

Sitting on Santa's lap 2010

We went to visit the Baybrook Mall Santa and the girls took a cute picture with him. Autumn has sat on the same Santa's lap four times now and Shelby three times. It would have been neat to have them sit on the same Santa's lap every year but it takes an hour for us to get to Baybrook and isn't always feasible this time of year. I had heard rumors that he had passed away, even read an article about it, but someone made a big mistake with that one because he was definitely one and the same Santa that has been at Baybrook for many years. Now there are rumors that he is retiring after this year but we shall see. He's such a cute Santa and never looks like he tires of the job.

The girls both asked for one thing (big shocker!!!) and it was a Squinkie bracelet, a $3.99 item, that I know Santa is getting them. They asked the Santa at SeaWorld for much bigger ticket items that I had to talk to them about afterwards and tell them that Santa probably couldn't bring all of the things they were asking for. Primarily the real puppy that Autumn asked for!








Next we visited Build-A-Bear because Autumn had chosen that as the place to spend her birthday money. Shelby also reaped the benefits of Autumn's birthday and got an overpriced stuffed bear. It really is a cute store but man they are not cheap.

At Build-A-Bear giving their animals a heart...


Stuffing their animals...

It was a little noisy for Shelby

Bathing and brushing

Their new animals...Snow and Lizzie


2 comments:

Julie said...

Love the awesome Santa pics- he really is a great Santa. I'm a little worried about a puppy or pony request. Alli wrote that she wanted a new puppy on a paper at school. I kind of pretended I didn't see it and am hoping she forgets. I mean- what's wrong with the dog we have?
She's visiting him tonight at BPS with Dwaine so I'll have to ask what the request was and hope that we already got it since we're done shopping.
What is up with the Squinkies anyway? Alli likes them but I just can't see paying money for tiny little rubber people that are going to get lost. I haven't seen the bracelet- I might actually do that.
Alli picked the same bear that Shelby got at a recent Build a Bear visit- those two girls have such similar taste.

goddess95 said...

The Santa pictures are great! I love their festive outfits!
Those Squinkies were not allowed on our Santa's list! They had a bracelet that came with 5 or 6--and I've stepped on them, thrown them away, and they still appear all over their rooms! (Just like Polly Pockets!) Teeny tiny stuff drives me bonkers! Anyway, your girls are too cute. I miss y'all-well, we all miss y'all!