Shelby dressed up for the parade and party at her school...
Shelby's Pre-K 4 class in costumes...don't you love her teachers' costumes- Papa Smurf & Smurfette!
Shelby & Leah
Autumn woke up Friday morning with an upset stomach so was an hour late to school and missed most of her "Mrs. Spider's Tea Party" where the girls in her class dressed up in princess dresses and the boys in ties. She caught the very end of the party where all of the kids were dancing in the classroom. The nurse called me an hour and a half later (luckily right as Shelby's party ended) to pick Autumn up because her stomach was hurting. We still thought she was okay, just that something had upset her stomach, and headed out that evening to the Fall Festival at Shelby's school. We proceeded to drag the girls to a football game after the festival to watch Corry's cousin in the band. Autumn ended up getting sick in the middle of the night while sleeping- poor child, we drug her all over creation when she was sick! She's tough, though, and it's not always easy to tell with her.
On our way out to the festival...
We took it easy until Halloween night and just went around the neighborhood and trick-or treated. Autumn decided she wanted to be a witch (although she didn't really have a costume for it) and also said she wanted her face painted. When it came down to it, she was not happy with having a green face. Now ordinarily, I probably would have taken it off for her. However, Corry was doing the face painting and he painted Shelby's face after Autumn. He didn't tell us exactly what he was doing and decided to make her look like a Zombie princess. Being a guy, he did a really gruesome job and neither Shelby or myself wanted her face looking like that. It was too gruesome for a sweet four-year-old princess. So we spent some time getting that off and I wasn't up for taking Autumn's paint off, too. We learned our lesson- Autumn can only dress up as something pretty and Corry is not allowed to paint faces. Oh, I should mention that to try to rectify the situation, Corry painted his face green so that Autumn wouldn't be the only one.
I do have to say, it is not a Halloween we will soon forget!
3 comments:
That's going to be one of those priceless photos you'll smile at for years to come! Such an adorable pout :-)
OMG!!!! Poor girl...and poor Corry. What can we say about our guys--they truly don't understand these girlie girls!!! They look precious anyway!! I hope Autumn feels better by now!
Can I just say that Corry can make a costume out of anything. I will never forget scratch man. Crack me up.
Sorry it wasn't ideal, but they look adorable and I hope Autumn was able to have a good time.
Post a Comment