Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Jellystone Park

We spent last weekend at Jellystone Park in Waller. It was intended to be a camping, sleep in a tent weekend; however, we ended up getting a cabin instead. We left a little later than planned on Friday and it was already getting dark when we arrived at the park so we decided to go the easy route and get a cabin. We were so happy with our decision. The cabins are supposedly "bare bones" but we were way more comfortable than we would have been in a tent. The cabin was brand new, had two rooms (one with a double bed and the other with two bunk beds), it had a little refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, tv with cable, and air conditioning. We had a fun time and would love to go back again in the summer. It was fun going in October, too, because the weather was so nice and they had lots of fall and Halloween activities.






The girls rode their scooters out in front of the cabin.



Our camp cook...
Shelby giving Yogi Bear an extra big hug...


They played in a giant dragon bouncy slide...


Of course, the picture of me has to be of me eating!

They had different swim areas with small to large slides.




It took a little while but Autumn worked up the nerve to ride this slide several times. Shelby actually rode it, too, one time. She was super cold, though, and pooped out pretty quick with the water.

Here's the big slide that I would love to do when not pregnant. Autumn kept bugging Corry to take her on it (she just met the height requirement) but when it came down to it she chickened out.

There was trick-or-treating on Saturday night and the girls had a blast dressing up and trick-or-treating when it wasn't even Halloween yet! Autumn made up her own costume- she's a ballerina of sorts





3 comments:

mindy said...

Looks like a lot of fun! We should try that when the boys get bigger. Where is Waller?
I love the pictures outside the cabin and I would TOTALLY get a cabin. I've done the tent thing with Mark (before kids) and ugh! :)
(And I like to camp!)

Steph said...

Mindy- If you exit at Brookshire off of I-10 it's probably about 30 minutes further- you go through Fulsher and then Waller. I'm horrible with directions so am no help there! It took us a little under two hours to get there.
Yeah, Corry & I used to tent camp and a cabin is so much better (and really wasn't all that much more expensive)!

Julie said...

Since when is a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, cable tv, and air conditioning bare bones?
That sounds nice and definitely the right decision :-)
Shelby's hair is getting so long- I love it!
And you're pregnant- you have a right to eat all you want (at least that was my philosophy).
Looks like a lot of fun.