Saturday, June 05, 2010

Splashdays at school

The last day of school was Splashday for the girls at their preschool. They played in inflatable kiddie pools, played with Cool Whip on a table, bubbles, chalk, and had a pizza party.

Autumn and her friend Hannah



Shelby and just about her whole class in one pool...

The water was COLD at 9:00 in the morning!

Shelby really liked playing with Cool Whip on the table...we may have to try that at home.


Playing hopscotch, bubbles, chalk after swimming...

It's hard to believe Shelby started her school in the baby 18-month class and is going into the 4-year class next year! She really loves her school and was actually upset if she was going to miss a day. She's very easygoing and happy-go-lucky at school. It's so interesting to see how they act at school. Autumn loved preschool, too, but her incentive for going was coupons that they got everyday for being there and doing what they were supposed to. At the end of the week she picked a prize out of a goody box and she looked forward to that every week. Autumn is going to be the teacher's pet type. She loves having the teacher's attention and making a connection with them. A teacher that she didn't like would really change how she feels about school so fingers crossed that she loves her kindergarten teacher!



4 comments:

Melissa Beth said...

I bet she will love her Kinder teacher. Especially since her teacher won't be able to resist that grin and her good behavior. I know how nerve wrecking it can be waiting to meet her - trust me. In the meantime, enjoy your summer! Looks like you already are!

Julie said...

We are praying for just the right kinder teacher too! Alli doesn't tolerate being corrected very well- something we have to work on- I know. But, I'm hoping she likes her kinder teacher as much as she liked her pre-K teacher.
And me too- I actually don't handle negative feedback about my kids too well either- I take it a little too seriously and start to worry.

Julie said...

Of course- Splash day while poor Autumn is still in her cast. When is she getting it off?

Steph said...

She got it off last Wednesday and is in the brace now! I'm so, so glad she went straight to the brace and not a shorter cast!