Here's Shelby walking around with her pants pulled as high as she can get them. She knew she was being silly. Maybe all kids do this at some point but the scary thing is that she and Corry both think this is so funny to do.
Oh this girl loves her paci's. I usually just let her have it for her nap and bed but have also been letting her take it to school as a comfort thing, at least for now. Her teachers told me they usually put it up after she stops crying and is happy. They also informed me that "they say that kids usually speak more if they don't use pacifiers." I seriously had to laugh because Shelby speaks so well that it blows me away with everything that she says! I told them that she talks A LOT at home so I wasn't too worried about that and it is generally a bedtime thing anyways. So for now her mommy is letting her continue on with the pacifier and maybe we'll think about taking it away in the next few months as she nears 2. Her teachers were honestly trying to help and I can't blame them for that.
1 comments:
Don't you just love when they are so silly especially when they know they are being silly. Cracks me up.
No worries about the paci (not that you had any). We took Alli's away shortly after she was two and it was actually an easy transition-we waited until she only had one left and had chewed a hole in it. I told her it was broken and it needed to be thrown in the trash. We didn't throw it away that night, but the next night at bedtime, she handed it to me and said "this is trash" so I took it. I kept it just in case she woke up wanting it, but she didn't!
I definitely think it's a good idea for her to take it to school as a little piece of home for comfort until she gets more used to school.
I'm not even trying to get TJ to stop sucking his thumb, not even casually or jokingly. Not ready for that bridge- probably not for a long time!
Post a Comment