We took a trip to Oklahoma to a place called Beaver's Bend with our friends the Wicker's who live in Missouri. It was a good middle ground for us all to meet up and such a beautiful place.
They have two sweet little boys, Garrett who is six and Hunter is three. Here's a pic of all of the kids together. This was the first time that all of the kids have really met, besides when Autumn and Hunter were little babies. They all got along really well. It was kind of funny when we first got there. Autumn and Hunter immediately took to each other and Garrett and Shelby played together. For whatever reason, little boys always take to Shelby, especially school-age boys. We decided that we are going to have to watch them very closely in about ten years. There was a little bit of boyfriend/girlfriend talk going on! It was cute at this age, though.
I was trying to get another pic of the four of them but I think Garrett tripped in back!
Corry and myself
Erin & Will
Garrett with "the kids"- I think he felt pretty grown up compared to all of them. When they were doing something they weren't supposed to he would tell me that "the kids" were doing something!
I just like this pic of Shelby- she looks so big :)
Corry tending to the bonfire that we had every night, even in the rain!
Autumn offering Hunter her chapstick! He looks way too cool for girly chapstick, though!
It was so fun being around little boys. I think we need to get together more often to convince Corry that we do need a boy!
Starting out on our nature walk...
A pic of the four of us!
Just a scenic pic- it was such a pretty place. I'd love to go again when it's warmer, too.
Me and my girls
Steph & Erin (don't know how to get this underline off)
Autumn and Garrett riding a train of chairs...
Erin, Hunter, Autumn & Shelby on the first day we got there. It was really warm the first day but cooled off a lot the next day much to our surprise.
And this is the mischief that my two got into...we thought the kids were just coloring. Well, they were, but Autumn and Shelby were coloring their mouths with black marker!
Guilty accomplice number 2!
Ya gotta take a picture and I think Hunter's in there for moral support!
2 comments:
Oh my gosh the marker pictures are hilarious!
The place looks so peaceful...I'm glad that you guys got some R &R time. I can't believe how long Shelby's hair is. I remember when we met and you said you wanted to do pigtails on her! Now you can!
So glad you guys had fun and got to visit with Will and Erin- so funny to see them in such different roles than when we used to hang out with them :-)
What a cute bunch of kids- those are some really handsome boys and of course the girls are beautiful as always!
The black lips are a riot. I bet Hunter was just so proud that he wasn't the one in trouble!
Shelby does look really big in some of those pictures- what happened?
That is a really great pic of the four of you, scenery and all- how perfect.
Post a Comment