Saturday, October 06, 2012

New Shipley's!

Shelby seems to have inherited her mom's ability to say the most off the wall things and be completely serious at the same time.  I remember saying things or misunderstanding things my whole life and people thinking it was funny.  Over the years, I learned to think before I speak more often but it is comical to see in Shelby.  So with that intro, here's a little story about her the other day...

It was a Saturday evening and Corry asked if we wanted to drive over and see the new dove lease.  We all said we did and drove for about 15 minutes into the small town of Danbury and down long country roads none of us have ever been down.  When we arrived and turned onto the road to the lease, Shelby said, "So...where exactly is this new Shipley's?"  New dove lease was interpreted as new Shipley's and it was so funny being out in the country like that!   She was so completely serious!  And Autumn, perhaps a future blogger herself, wrote a journal entry in her spiral notebook about it and said it was "alarious"! 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Love it! Yes she does take after her mommy who I once recall singing about "a dove without shoes" which I think was actually "I'm lost without you" or something to that effect.

Steph said...

Ha, yeah, I'm sure if you thought about it you could come up with more, too!!