Sunday, July 31, 2011

Carly in July

Carly turned 4 months old in July.  Her monthly update:  She likes to roll over onto her belly as soon as I lay her down and can roll back onto her back but doesn't do it a whole lot.  She prefers to be in a standing position most of the time when we hold her and recently started sitting/standing in the exersaucer.  She loves it for short periods of time.  She had her four month shots and weighed 11 pounds, 12 ounces and was 23 1/2 inches long.  She's still a tiny thing but doubled her birth weight, which is the norm at 4 months.  She is wearing size 3/6 month clothes now and will be upgrading to size 2 diapers as soon as we use the rest of her 1's.  She has also found her voice and loves to squeal in delight, especially at Buttons.  She loves the attention she gets from the girls (and she gets a lot).  She's so much fun and a sweet baby.  Life without her already feels like a distant memory.




She will just lay on us and snuggle when she's sleepy.
 
Her first day in the exersaucer
 
She also found her toes and interchanges them with her thumb sometimes.


I was happy with this purchase I made when pregnant- a blanket that ties onto her carrier and has a rain repellant side.  It worked perfectly in the rain (which I have just recently been able to use with the drought situation we've had)!

 
 


 

Isn't that the sweetest thing- laying there with her thumb in her mouth.  I wish I could freeze time with her at this age!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So precious! It makes me sad to think that my boys are so big now. Seems like forever ago since I had a 'baby' to hold. Although, Mackinley at age 2 STILL wants me to hold him half the time! :)