Autumn grinds her teeth at night and he remarked on how much she has grinded her teeth down but said that there is nothing you can do about it with young kids. He said she had a crossbite and that may be part of the reason she grinds (but hopefully she would grow out of it). He also said that he would probably recommend sending her to an orthodontist when she's around 9 years old because of her crossbite. I like hearing that ahead of time and knowing what to expect.
I was a little afraid of what would happen with Shelby because two of her bottom teeth have started chipping a little. He said everything looked okay for now and he didn't recommend doing anything since the teeth weren't hurting her. He also said that it is very likely that reflux has contributed to the weakened enamel. I think for now we are going to continue to control her diet for reflux and give her over-the-counter acid reducers when she needs it.
It's such a relief to have the dentist appointments over and to know that we aren't going to have to do anything else for Shelby's teeth right now!
1 comments:
Praise God! So glad to hear everything went well. I know you were worried about that. It's so good to have a dentist that you know and trust and doesn't drill every chance he can get. We feel the same way about out dentist which is why we take our kids there too.
Yay for a healthy report!!
Post a Comment