Friday, October 30, 2009

Fall Festivities

The girls got to go to two Fall Festivals last weekend, one at their school and one at my school. Their Fall Festival was Round 1 of 3 of wearing their costumes. Shelby is a Rainbow Witch and Autumn is The Little Mermaid.



Rainbow Witch was practicing her witchy laugh.



We also carved our very first Jack-O-Lantern ever. I did not realize how gross they are inside and I got the scooping the gunk out duty! In hindsight, it wasn't all that bad. At the time, I was thinking that it was going to be my first and last time messing with that nasty stuff but now that I've done it, I may do it again next year!


This has nothing to do with Fall but I was so impressed that Shelby put this puzzle together without any help. She is also sporting the striped socks with slippers look.


Round 2 of wearing the costumes was today at the girls' Halloween parties at school.





Shelby in the costume parade...just like last year, she broke out of the line to give Momma a hug :)

Autumn leading her class...

Shelby and me at her party
Autumn in front of some touch and feel boxes that had things that felt like worms, eyeballs, monster goo, monster fur. Autumn would only feel the monster fur.


Round 3 with costumes begins tomorrow!! Have a fun Halloween!

2 comments:

goddess95 said...

Love their costumes. Shelby's hair is so cute!!
Happy Halloween!!

Keese Klan said...

Super cute! Next year try roasting the pumpkin seeds... they are YUMMY and the kids are more willing to help out!