Saturday, October 10, 2009

Gymnastics

Autumn & Shelby started gymnastics about a month ago and are both loving it. They both really look forward to it every week and have fun doing it. I think it helps that they get to do it together. I'm hoping that it helps Shelby with her balance and coordination. She is so clumsy and falls or trips all the time. Anytime that we are out, if someone gets hurt, it's going to be Shelby- always. I had her eyes checked about a year ago but they were fine. Hopefully it is something that she grows out of.

They are so fun to watch at gymnastics. Autumn is picking up on all of it really quickly and Shelby is doing well considering she just turned three. I tried to put Autumn in gymnastics in League City at three and it was a disaster with her always trying to run away and a male coach who very obviously didn't want to be working with 3 and 4-year-olds. This time around they are usually in a group of 4 or 5 girls with two young female instructors. They learn forward and backward rolls, the beginning steps to handstands and cartwheels, do different things on the bars, walk on the balance beam (and even roll on the balance beam), and jump on the trampoline into the foam pit.

It's hard to take pictures because I'm upstairs behind a window but I have snapped a few...

Shelby is so funny on the balance beam. She has a really hard time staying on the beam and I just love how she has her hands in this picture. She's so happy and giddy no matter what that she makes me smile the whole time.
Autumn is a little more serious when it comes to all of it...

Here's Shelby trying to stay on...

0 comments: