Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Canyon Lake

We took a weekend family trip to Canyon Lake with Corry's parents and Aunt Cindy. I think we managed to make it just in time for the last little bit of summer weather (in October!). It was a gorgeous weekend.

We went out on our friend Aaron's boat on Friday afternoon...here are Corry and the girls ready to load onto the boat...

Swimming in the lake....it felt so good! It's so fun to be able to do this kind of stuff with the girls now.



We got to spend a day with the Dements! Here's Shelby and Alli...


We had one small set-back...Autumn decided to lock herself and Alli in the bedroom and would not open the door! She was in big trouble by the time we got in there! She has a thing with locking doors lately, this wasn't the first time. She has also locked herself and Shelby in our bathroom and by the time Corry was able to get in the door Shelby was sitting in the sink with the water running. Autumn had boosted her up. That was pretty scary, so needless to say we don't take locking the doors too lightly.

Shelby & TJ eating their lunch together...I think Shelby thought TJ's looked better!



We went swimming in the FRIGID pool while the babies took a nap...and I take the one set-back thing back. We had two...Autumn decided to get back in the pool by herself without her life jacket on and Daddy had to dive in and rescue her. I think she figured out that she can't swim without a flotation device! She did good, though. We always tell her that if she goes under to hold her breath and kick her legs. As soon as Corry lifted her up she said "I held my breath....and I kicked my legs." She did, too. We could see her little legs kicking under the water and she didn't take in any water.




Here the girls are on our last day trying to walk the dogs...



1 comments:

Julie said...

That Autumn is trouble- just teasin'
We absolutely love spending time with all of you- grandparents too! It's so fun to see the kids interact and to watch all the different personalities. And your girls definitely have a lot of personality. Shelby is a hoot. I just love seeing her in action. Can't wait till TJ and Shelby look forward to seeing each other as much as Alli and Autumn do.
Thanks so much for having us out and feeding and entertaining us. We always have a great time with you guys.