Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Hurry up and blog- the kids are asleep!


Both of my girls are sick today and while Autumn can usually tough out any illness like a champ, Shelby's a little bit more affected and likes to be held all day (and night). I'm sure I'll look back one day and wish I could hold my babies again but I also like to be able to go to the bathroom or eat or...whatever. She is a sweet momma's girl, though, and hopefully lets me hold her for a long time to come. I think Autumn is going to be the more independent one who falls down but doesn't want mom to hold her kind of girl (at least for very long). So right now Autumn is napping and I'm rocking Shelby who is sleeping as long as I hold her, and I thought I'd add some new pics to the blog. I haven't been as camera happy since Christmas but have taken a few pics.



The next two pics are all I have of Autumn. She runs from the camera these days!





I think Shelby may be getting too big for the bouncer?! I'm not ready to part with it yet, though!

This was so pitiful I had to take a picture! Buttons will do anything to get in the sunlight.

Shelby kept sucking in her bottom lip when I was taking her pic here.

Corry has been slaving away the past month on our house. He put in wood flooring in the living room, with some help from his dad, and we've both been doing a lot of painting. Our goal is to paint the whole house but we still have about a third to go. We also finally bought curtains for the house after living here for over 3 years!


(Yep- that's Autumn napping on the couch)

The paint didn't quite turn out in the pics- the walls are more tan and the accents are a darker brown.

Playtime's over- Autumn's awake!

1 comments:

Julie said...

OK, where do I start. My kids are napping too, but I'm sure I don't have much time :-)
First of all, the house looks awesome- the floors, the paint, everything! And where are all the toys by the way? Please tell me this is not how it looks everyday, 'cause my living room and every other room for that matter are cluttered with toys.
Buttons- so cute! Chili loves the sunshine too. Especially when he can bathe in it indoors- the best of both worlds.
We had to part with our bouncer a while back 'cause TJ was doing exactly what Shelby is doing. He actually didn't like it cause it held him back from his constant movement and activity. I'd still be using it too if I could.
Shelby has so much hair. Again, so different from Autumn as a baby.
I also have very few pics of Alli right now, but I did figure out one way to get it done. Our video camera is also our digital camera and the screen flips out and I rotate it completely around so she can see it. So she looks at herself in it and I can occasionally get some cute pics. I know that probably doesn't work with you camera though.
Anyway, both girls look more beautiful everytime I check the blog. We really need to figure out how to get together again (maybe a double family vacation somewhere between here and there).
Hope you get more rest soon but keep holding that precious baby in the meantime.
Was that long enough? A little random I know. I'm a little manic these days. I'll go now.