As I finish my last blog post for 2012, I cannot believe I've been blogging about our family for 7 1/2 years! Autumn was 9 months old, I think, when I began. I often wonder if I should keep doing it. I considered printing books for each year but decided against it. I keep going because I think the girls will enjoy seeing what some of our daily life was like, seeing what holidays and birthdays looked like from year to year, and it's always fun to remember good times. I rarely print pictures anymore and haven't actually finished a baby book to date- I still think that can happen, though! I don't know how long I will blog, but for now, it continues...
 |
| Autumn shooting Shelby's crossbow |
 |
| Carly loves to slide down on her belly. |
 |
| Audrey swinging |
 |
| Audrey teaching Autumn how to use her new pogo stick. |
 |
| Wheeeee! |
 |
Love this picture of Great Poppy snuggling with Carly.
|
And lastly, the girls big present from us was their own playhouse. Corry gave up his wooden shed in the backyard and we converted it into a space for the girls to go. We hung & painted drywall, painted the entire inside, ran electricity and hung a chandelier, put a futon, rug, and tv/dvd player in there, and hung dry erase boards and a chalkboard.
The pictures below are from Christmas Eve when we got home from my parents late that night. The girls were completely surprised and love it. They have since moved in more of their stuff and put their docking station in there to play music, a small table, a disco ball, and they have brought out all kinds of movies, books, and coloring/drawing activities. They have already spent hours and hours in it. We put a heater in it but will need to put in a small AC unit. We also plan to make it a spring project to all paint the outside, add a deck, and make a pathway of some sort from the house.
I need to take more pictures but here is a glimpse of it...
1 comments:
Love,love, love all the pictures...and posts. I've stopped blogging but keep my blogger account open. I haven't been ablle to blog since the summer. But, you should keep bloggin'...I love reading your posts!
And we have been wanting to do that to our shed too. Now, I am really inspired! What a cute idea. Love it! I want to see more pics of their playhouse.
Post a Comment