Saturday, March 13, 2010

Meet Lemon & Lime

We need to have record of our feathery pets. The girls each got a parakeet from my grandfather who raises parakeets. We got them both as babies and didn't know the gender until recently and naturally, one is male and the other female! We keep them in the same cage even though my Papa said they wouldn't become tame if we kept them together. My thoughts are that they are happier being together than if we kept them apart. They are such a little couple, too, with lots of kissing, sweettalking, and squawking at each other! I haven't read up on the whole mating issue but I think birds won't just mate anywhere. I could be wrong. Guess we'll find out soon enough if so!



2 comments:

Julie said...

So how exactly do you know whether they are male or female?
Love the names!

Steph said...

My grandpa said the females have pinkish colored beaks and the males have bluish or brownish colored beaks. The males are also usually smaller.