Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Pre-school Orientation & First Day

Autumn & Shelby had pre-school orientation last week and met their teachers and classmates. Both girls were excited to have some friends from last year in their classes. Autumn is in a Pre-K 4-year-old class and Shelby is in a Pre-K 3-year-old class. Autumn has one more year until Kindergarten and, although I think she is probably ready now, I don't know that I will be ready for that in another year!

Here is Autumn outside of her classroom on Orientation Day...


Shelby on Orientation Day...






Fast-forward to today...the girls started school. I go to work before the girls go to school, so Corry is in charge of getting them ready and to school. He said everything went smoothly getting them ready and neither of them even cried when he dropped them off. That's a big change from Shelby compared to last year. I'm sure it helped that it wasn't me dropping her off.


Both girls had a great day. Autumn's only complaint was that she didn't like snack (she is very, very picky) and she didn't eat or take breakfast with her. So, she's been pretty hungry this afternoon! We have one other area to work on...teaching Corry how to do the girls' hair. I had it cut to help out in the tangle department and am about to buy rubberbands that he can get his fingers through! Their hair, especially Shelby's, looked a little rough this morning. This is soooo not Corry's area! At least he tried, though.


Here they are one year ago. I saw this picture the other night and could not believe how much older they both look this year! They lost so much of their "babyness" (is that a word?!) this past year!

5 comments:

goddess95 said...

Oh my gosh girl...I am cracking up at Corry's attempt to do their hair! Too funny...but like you said, he tried!
And I cannot believe how much they have changed. It is crazy how much they actually grow.
I'm glad they had a wonderful day at school. I know it must be hard for you to adjust to not being the one to drop them off/pick them up. I hope all is going well for you all. Can't wait to see you gals!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering about the hair! LOL poor Corry

o said...

Too funny!! Sadly, I am not good at hair at all either! Good thing I only have 1 girl to try and make presentable!

o said...

Too funny!! Sadly, I am not good at hair at all either! Good thing I only have 1 girl to try and make presentable!

Keese Klan said...

Super cute... Amazing how much kids change in a year!
I understand about the hair thing! Clarence isn't all that great either... but he's getting better!
The best was when he had to do Lexi's make-up for dance... ha ha ha